- No sale of personal information. Together We Elect will not rent or sell your personal information to third parties.
- Information you provide through the account creation and update process. When you create an account on the Website or register for one of our events, we may collect basic information about you through the registration process – your name, email address, phone number, and a means to authenticate your account (for example, a password). You may also choose to provide additional information through the account creation and update process, such as the person who referred you to Together We Elect, your address, your local group, a picture as well as information to facilitate meetings, actions and donations (e.g. employer name, job title, as required by FEC rules regarding political contributions).
You can review and update the account information you provide to Together We Elect through the Website by logging into your account on the Website. We collect any additional information you choose to provide us when you update your account on the Website.
- Information collected, displayed and used for other Website and Program features. As you use additional features on the Website we may collect any additional information that you provide as part of using such features in order to facilitate the operation of these features on the Website (Calendar sign ups, Action Kits etc).
- Campaign, Tactic and State Teams. If you join a Team and you have a public profile, information about your Campaign Team may be displayed on your public profile page (for example, your email). In turn, you may be displayed as a member of the Campaign Team either in a personally identifiable or anonymous manner (depending on your profile setting).
- Donations. Together We Elect collects information on any donations you make to Together We Elect needed to communicate with you (for example, to provide donation confirmations) via your email address, physical address or through other means of contact that you have chosen to provide to Together We Elect. Furthermore, in order to be compliant with FEC regulations, Together We Elect, as a federally regulated PAC must disclose donor information regarding name, address, email, employer and employment details to the Federal Election Commission. This information is transferred through a third-party transaction processor (Act Blue) which stores this information, along with credit card details. No credit card details are stored by Together We Elect or Left of Center PAC. At no time does Together We Elect collect money on behalf of political campaigns for future distribution.
- Integrated third party features. If you use features on the Website that are integrated with third party websites or services (for example, Twitter and Facebook) to share information about your activity on the Website (for example if you “like” a Together We Elect page/post on Facebook or Twitter) through the third party website or service, Together We Elect will share this information with the third party website or service and additional information, if any, that you choose to provide to Together We Elect in order to use these features (for example, your username for the third party website or service). If you use interactive features on Together We Elect to indicate that you “recommend” a particular activity or other type of listing on Together We Elect, that information will be collected and may be displayed on the Website and furthermore shared on any applicable third-party websites and services to which you have authorized such information sharing.
- Support If you contact Together We Elect support or Action Coaching Services, we will collect the information you provide (for example, your name, email address, physical address, phone number and question/comment) in order to contact you and address your question or comment.
- Applications. If you submit an application to Together We Elect (for example, to be an employee, volunteer, or field partner), we collect the information you submit (for example, name, phone number, resume, cover letter and position of interest) to assess the application and follow up with you on such submission.
- Electronic communications. From time to time you will receive notices and information based on your account status or activity (collectively, “Essential Communications”) from Together We Elect (for example support inquiries regarding the status of or activity in your account). By creating an account with Together We Elect on the Website, you agree that all Essential Communications from Together We Elect relating to your use of the Website may be provided or made available to you electronically by e-mail or at the Website. To access the Communications electronically, you will need to use a computer with Chrome 4.0 or above, Safari 4.0 or above, Opera 10.0 or above or Firefox internet browsers and with hardware capable of running these internet browsers.
You may withdraw your consent to receive Essential Communications electronically by contacting Together We Elect in the manner described below. However, if you withdraw your consent to receive Essential Communications electronically from Together We Elect (other than for the optional emails described in Section 9 (Optional emails) below), Together We Elect will not have the ability to permit you to access your account on the Website. The withdrawal of your consent will not affect the legal validity and enforceability of electronic Communications provided by us or any electronic Essential Communications provided by or on behalf of Together We Elect prior to the time you withdraw your consent. It is your responsibility to keep Together We Elect informed of any changes in your email address so that you continue to receive all Essential Communications without interruption. By registering on the Website, you acknowledge that you can access the electronic Communications, and you consent to having all Essential Communications provided or made available to you in electronic form.
- Optional emails. By default, you will receive the following types of emails from Together We Elect, but you can choose not to receive these emails through the “unsubscribe” process available on all emails: Together We Elect news, Activity and Campaign recommendations, Volunteer Opportunities and Team messages.
- Disclosure to affiliates, allies, service providers, agents and representatives. We will disclose your personal information to third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. Together We Elect’s affiliates and service providers, agents and representatives of Together We Elect and its affiliates may be provided access to your personally identifiable information as part of, or incident to, their provision of services to Together We Elect (for example, processing donation transactions, distributing Together We Elect emails and fulfilling physical Together We Elect Card orders). All such access shall be under appropriate confidentiality agreements and limited to use to provide services to Together We Elect to perform the functions of the website.
- Disclosure of non-personally identifiable data. Together We Elect reserves the right to disclose information that does not directly identify you, for example, aggregated or anonymized data, for educational, informational or promotional purposes in furtherance of Together We Elect’s mission.
- Access to your information. If your personally identifiable information changes, you may correct, update, amend, delete/remove your information by making the change on the “My Account Profile” section of the Website.
You may terminate your account on the Website at any time. This will remove all information regarding your account from our systems, except information which we are legally required to track to comply with FEC campaign finance regulations.
- Public Forums. Our Website offers publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
- Note regarding children under 13. The Website is intended to be used by adults. It is not intended for children, and Together We Elect does not want to collect any personal information for persons who are under the age of 13. You agree not to post nor permit others to post on your behalf, any personally identifiable information with respect to persons under the age of 13. If you believe that we have any information from a child under age 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Security. Together We Elect takes reasonable steps to maintain appropriate physical and technical security such as encrypting transmission of information using SSL and administrative security to help prevent loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure and modification of personal information. While we take these reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure.
Together We Elect PAC
PO Box 904
East Lyme, CT 06333-1098